How to turn your long transit in Doha, Qatar into a whole new journey?

Qatar Airways is one of the best world class airplane that offers flight to almost every country with relatively good deals. I, for example, got 407.29 USD for return ticket Istanbul - Kuala Lumpur. Isn't that good enough? Choosing an airplane like this, an airplane that does not belong to a country where you start your journey (ex: since I fly from Istanbul, it should have been Turkish Airlines or Malaysian Airlines which offers a direct flight), could mean that ones have to go through a long transit. But why not, if having transit means seeing a new world, right?

I have heard this rumor for a long time but never tried to clarify it. Finally last Tuesday I stuck at Hamad International Airport for 10 hours before my next flight. What I did was, I went to the Qatar Airways counter and asked whether I get lounge or free meal during that long hour transit. Turned out I didn't get any of that. But the lady was nice enough to tell me that I still can have a free shared-sleeping room means rest room, which is one of Hamad International Airport's treat to its costomers. This sleeping room is for everybody, so if you happen to have a long transit at Hamad International Airport, just ask the airport stuff where its location. I guarantee you it's a nice place and what I am worried is that you may miss your flight because you will have a good sleep. 

Doha's Skyscrapers
The lady went on to tell me that I could also spend my transit time for a free Doha city tours. It only takes 3 hours, she said. This one stole my attention. And I feel like doing it. So I got into the line to register, because they limit the number of people who can be part of the tours. If I am not mistaken it was only for 20 people. If you arrived later, you may need to wait for the next tour.

So I got the 8 AM tours, but been lining up since 5 AM. I didn't have to line up actually, but I just don't want to risk this opportunity. People wait there, and if I didn't do the same I might not be able to be part of the tour. The lines are quite long!

I got my tour card!!!, a card used to pass the immigration. Yes, to do the tour we have to pass the immigration and our passports are stamped, meaning you still have some souvenir from Doha even though you didn't buy anything. Next is enjoying the tour.

The tour is basically going around Doha city by bys, which consists of a lot of skyscraper. Apart from that Doha city is just a city that's is still under construction. There are so many massive building being made. The metro is also under processed. So, ya… Doha is going to be a great city, just like its neighbor Dubai! That's for sure. And I think, they will succeed to make Doha a transit destination. Look, the airport is perfect, it provides almost everything what travelers need - wifi, rest area, macbook, shopping area (duty free) etc. So, next time you stop at Hamad International Airport, just don't forget to spoil yourself!

For more information on the tour, visit this link http://www.qatarairways.com/global/en/offers/doha-city-tour.page
 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ih, seru banget. Itu bebas visa?

adhari'sabroad said...

Iya bebas visa.. Jadi serunya itu paspor kita di stempel juga. Jadi seolah-olah kita udah nyampe sana gitu lo haha.. I don't know about you, kalau aku sih ambisius banget pengen menuhin halaman paspor dengan stempel-stempel semua negara hehe..

Next time kalai naik qatar pilih yg transitnya lama.. dan yang during the day biar bisa ikut tour. Jadwal tour-nya bisa di cek disini http://www.qatarairways.com/global/en/offers/doha-city-tour.page :😊😊