Arrived Safely in Galati, Romania

At Caterdrala Arhiepiscopala, Galati, Romania



Finally I can put my worry at rest. Most importantly, I myself get some rest. I have been living in such a troublesome situation; partly because of my own character who tends to take everything so stressful. Why can't I just face things calmly? Why do I have to be so stressful about everything while technically I can just be calm? World doesn't break apart, so far. So just calm down ok! Don't freak out! Just don't!

I bought the ticket a month ago, after realizing that price is getting way out of control. I chose Sept 24, with no self-consciousness that it was the day of  Islamic holy day. I just realized that a week before my departure and yet I had no plan of changing it or anything at all. I said to myself "maybe I was fated to celebrate this holy day, which is what my name was after, on the road, or in the sky, in that matter."

So yah, September 24 was the day of my departure from; 1. Izmir to Istanbul (at 11.39 - arrived at 12.46) and later; 2. at 15.10 I took a flight again from Sabiha Gokcen Airport to Otopeni Airport, Bucharest. I arrived safely at 16.40. Not enough with that, I had to take a mini bus to get to my destination (Galati county) for 3 and a half hours. Our bus was due at 17.30, which meant that we would arrive to Galati at 21.40.

And, last but not least we got on a taxi to bring us to our dormitory. The address had been given to us long before our departure, along with the taxi number. But eventually we didn't call that taxi, because the taxi was already there. I assumed the Romanian friend of our friend handled it. Oh yes, I forgot to mention that there was a Romanian girl who was doing erasmus in Pamukkale University and that day she was welcoming the other girls who are from that university. We, the outsider, just got lucky with her presence. :)

Airfare : 261 Turkish Lira (Pegasus Airlines)
Bus From Otopeni Airport to Galati: 60 Lei (TST Turistik)
Taxi to our dorm in Str. Garii: 8 Lei

0 comments: