"When you're in Rome, be a Roman"


 


The reason why I start this writing with that proverb is because I'm now in pain. Not pain pain. It's like dissatisfaction of what I'm now experiencing. Well, I admit that's my fault. I should have learned and must be expert in talking with this language. I've been living here for almost 2 years.

Well, I always want to work. Not only because I need money but also because I do like it the idea of working while studying. I like those people who want to spend his/her spare time for worth things. When you're working part time, you're not only get the experiences but also you get the money. So what's the deal?

But the problem is can you find a "job?" That's the question! I've been trying, for sometimes, looking for people that want to hire me. But It's always fail. Even, when I tried it in my own field.

I tried applying for an English tutor but It doesn't work either. Their excuse is that they are not hiring students. So what? What happened with students? Do you think they're not capable to do that? “I can assure you asshole my English is better than yours!!” I want it to shout out these words to that hypocrite people!

Lately, I interviewed for a tour guide kind of stuff. Again, I couldn't get it. Because of my Turkish! I want to justify this one! Well, my Turkish is not that bad. Only, my Turkish has kind of moodiness. Sometimes I can talk fluently but sometimes I can't even talk. This time, my mouth couldn't make it! I can't remember anything in Turkish when that people offered me a sentence of words and ask me to translate it to Turkish. I blame you for this, mouth! How could you let this opportunity flies away?

Something that I can't accept is the fact that those people who got that job are not even able to talk in English. Or at least Their English is not as good as my Turkish. (I wish I didn’t say this.) I'm not envy or what. I’m just saying the truth! I just feel pity for that organization who hires that people. And those foreigners, I hope they can understand what that people say!

But it’s Okay! At least I got something to learn. Moral of the story is if you want to be able to work (when you’re in a foreign country) you gotta be able to talk in native language (very well.) No matter how expert you are in your field, native language is an absolute requirement!

0 comments: