THE LAST TOUCH [ERASMUS+ EDITION]


to continue the previous post.....

Does it mean that my erasmus processes are all done by now? No.. Big NO! After I got my visa I have to go to erasmus office in my university and bring along with me the copy of these documents:
  • Passport
  • Visa page
  • Insurance

By showing them to the erasmus coordinator, he or she will give a checklist next to your name which means that you have done a great job in dealing with all the erasmus challenges, if I may say so. Moving on to the next step, you will be asked to sign a bunch of agreement letters, these letters are what erasmus students often call 'agreement with national agency or ulusal ajans, in Turkish version'.

That also is a huge sign that says you can breath in peace now, in case you have a hard time taking breath while taking care of them.

A little bit of information, national agency is an organization that is responsible for the funding that you are about to get. I think, this agent is also a representative of European Union who is deliberately appointed to take care of erasmus program or education in general, in all of the countries that they (meaning EU) have agreement with.

What's next?
Buy a plane ticket, or whatever means of transportation that you choose to travel with. And, have a safe flight!

Hope you enjoy your program. 


P.S:
NO! You are not done yet… I don't want to give you a panic attack. For now, I am just gonna shut my big mouth up. But really, up to now you may say that you have completed your task. But NO! When you get to your destination, you will have to deal with some bureaucratic stuff. And if you could deal it well until this step, then I believe the rest will be so much easier for you. Or at least you grew accustomed to dealing with bureaucracy; which is something good, because that thing is something that you will be facing for your entire life. 

When you have met the term 'bureaucracy', it means that you truly are living. Otherwise, you are just dreaming.


0 comments: