Checking In


courtesy of etihadregional.com



It’s been awhile since I last checked in to this blog. It’s nice to be able to come back anytime you want to a place that you can call home theatre and pretend that you do have audience while in actual fact you don’t. It’s nice to have a platform where you can evaporate your narcissism. As any narcissist, I would make myself believe that people are watching me. That they are taking a big interest in my life. Little that narcissist people like me know, people don’t give a damn about what you think!

Anyway, coming to that realization does not stop from what I like doing – collecting my bubble thoughts in a glass bottle (blog) and lock it so that it won’t disappear. I just like the idea that my thought is fluid, that I am subject to having perspective inconsistencies, that how I see world today may change in a split second. It’s perfectly okay to be that way. We are human being, and we come to realization multiply times. Unless, you are a fundamentalist who think that everything is precise. No change should occur. And life should be lived according to what you believe it should. 

So I won’t talk about a specific thing today. I just want to check in, to make sure that I don’t abandon my home theater. Even though it sure is abandoning me. 

First and foremost, I finished my graduation paper. And submitted it to my thesis advisor. I am sure that tonight or tomorrow he will email me and give me some corrections. Second of all, graduation ceremony will be held earlier than expected due to the Ramadan coming sooner this year. Probably, our school thinks that it would be better if we do it during the regular day where people can celebrate afterwards. Third of all, I won’t attending the informal party that’s supposed to be held this Friday in a hotel somewhere near Kus Adasi, even though I wanted too. It’s just about prioritizing. Lots of things are in need of clear consideration and spending money isn’t one of them. So, I figured it’s better for me to just attend the formal instead. 

Apart from this whole graduation thing, I’ve having a lot of thinking in reference to the comment section in every online website. It’s just simply very toxic. People say things without even thinking how it might affect other people. Even the crudest words that we won’t normally hear in our daily life, used there. What does it about internet society?
Internet makes the impossible possible. And sometimes it’s not in a positive way. As a netizen I just hope for the best. I hope what’s projected on internet is not the real face of our society. That in real life we are way better than the one we projected on internet.
So yes, that’s it for today folks. Hope you all have a great life ahead of you.

0 comments: