Nice Start, Dude!


Alright. We are in 2015 now. I just want to update what seem to have happened in these couple days. I have to say I didn't do anything in that night; in the night where the year was changing. I prefer to exile myself from the world. I imprison myself in my room. I was about to go to bed earlier in that night, but I somehow cannot manage myself sleeping. I turned on my laptop, instead and wrote an email. Who am I going to send that email for? That's a secret! :D :D

The next day I was expecting some friend. He said he would come to my place. He did come, even though I must say it was too late. This is winter, dude. But I have to admit that your coming is really something for me. He supposed to stay in my dorm but the security (I hate him) would not allow him. Even just to enter the door. He was just asking a place to pray. But the security man said, "even that one, you can't!"

It was 5.30 in the evening. But this is winter, dude. Not just winter, winter. It's snowy here. I finally decided to call Alvi and asked him whether or not we could stay in his apartment. Good for us, he said yes. Some of his friends happened to be not there, so that we could use their beds. But he still have some people with him. This is actually the major thing that I want to talk here. I met one of Alvi's friends that I consider very distinct from all people I've ever met in this country.

Instead of having small talk in the first meeting, he astonishes me with his manner. He did ask why are we here, why not another place. But he did not judge like other people I used to know. People would just jump and ask, "are you here because you don't have university in your country?" That's so silly but at the same time it shows his own shortcoming. I would not say stupid, because it's a very strong word. But it is what it is.

We talked about many things in that night but this one is what I have in mind right now. I didn’t remember the reason why we came up with this talking but this thing really nailed me. I was giving a statement that everyone needs to get out of their comfort zone, in order to be an open minded person. And he argued "no! a donkey is just a donkey regardless how often he travels the world," he would say.

"Wow…." That's how I react upon hearing his words. I didn't wait him to enlighten that sentence. I, somehow, unexplainably can understand it, all by my heart. So, I said to myself, it is not the place that changes our mind. It is us, who have to change our own view. That is the first important thing we need before doing anything. Wherever we go we have to set our mind, otherwise travelling is going to be just a bunch of nothing.

"Many people go abroad because he wanted to be seen brilliant. He takes photographs as much as he could and post it on his social media. Then what? Does it change anything? Is he an open-minded person now?"

"Don’t get me wrong! You are correct. Meeting people from different cultures and lifestyles open our mind. But to have such eyes we have to set our mind. It's eyes that matter. Either our eyes is open or even it is shut in the darkness."

********

Having met a guy with such a wise word like him in the first day of 2015 gives me more hope in life. It, somehow, has proven my thought was wrong. I have to change it. I have always been a talkative person. I used to think that I would not be able to live without talking. But I'm still alive, even though I have been living alone for about three months. And, I was having a thought, a consideration, that I might become an introvert in the future. Maybe! But I still need human beings around me to make me to become a better person. God doesn't want us to be an individualist. Even though, I must say I am pretty happy living alone, in my room. Without any distractions from people.

I came to a conclusion that people are bounded together. Still, there are times where, I think, they need to be alone. So that that individuals' relation with others could go forever. What's the correlation? Hear me up! Taking some day alone to relax is a good thing, especially when you're not in a good time. Forcing yourself to be around people might even cause a fatal result. You might behave in strange way, that might irritate other people.

What a good thing if we could still stand it living around other people even when we are happing a bad day. What a good person we are, if we could comfort our friends who have a problem. Who doesn’t want to be a good person. God creates human beings with different origins so that we could recognize each other.       

0 comments: