ROMANIAN VISA APPLICATION FOR ERASMUS STUDENT

    What you will have to do once you decide to apply for a visa is to visit the targeted country's embassy's website in your region. Luckily for me, Romania has its consulate in Izmir. That too, I knew after doing some research online. From that website you will know a lot of thing, including the documents that are required for applying the type of visa you are classified in. For study, which is classified as "long stay" visa; thus, you will have to apply for the "D" type visa.

    Here are the documents needed for Romanian study visa "D type" :
    1. Download and fill in the application form
    2. Photograph 3x4
    3. Passport (original)
    4. Letter of Acceptance (Invitation Letter)
    5. Statement Letter
    Confirming that you are on exchange program. In that letter, it also states about your expanses during your stay in that country that it will be covered with certain amount of money.
    1. Financial support
    *it could be written in separate paper. But it might also be written in the statement letter no. 5
    1. Traveling Insurance
    It must cover up to 30.000 euro
    1. Letter of Accommodation
    Confirming about a place where you will stay for the whole program
    1. Criminal Record
    If you happen to be living abroad, you may have to do a little work. In Turkey, you have to go to "Adalet Sarayi" or court house to get that letter. In Romanian case, you may also have to apostille it. I don't know what apostille was until that day. So, it is a kind of sign language, that's what it looks to me. Actually, not sign language but translation of every words or words that are significant in that letter to languages that are required, such as Romanian, English, and Deutch.

    In case you are living abroad:
    1. The copy of your resident permit
    2. Student Certificate (Ogrenci Belegesi)
    3. The copy of your ID card (national ID card)

    Okay, those are the documents you have to prepare for Romanian visa. But it's not quite finish yet, you have to apply online at http://evisa.mae.ro/ro_home. But first of all, you may want to do the scanning of all the documents above, because you will be asked to upload them on that website.

    So, the processes are pretty much like; your documents are going to be checked by them. If it is okay, then they will arrange an appointment for you. You will learn the appointment date from this website too.

    I submitted my documents on 6th August, and we will see when it’s going to be ready.
    And uh, for Erasmus student, the visa is free. But normally for D visa it costs 120 euro.
    *****

    10.08.2015
    Yeeee…. I just got a call telling that my visa is ready to be collected. So, I went to the consulate office and took my passport plus the visa that has been attached in it. Finally my passport's pages can have a little decoration by sticking one of other sticker (aka the visa :D). Hopefully I can get one more sticker when I got in Romania, as I am planning to apply for schengen. Too bad, Romania is not part of them.

    And I feel like I should tell you one more thing. I did not actually apply them online. Not because I didn't want it too. I was so ignorant about this and that back then. I decided to go to the consulate office and showed them my documents. Turned out that my documents were all good and they directly accepted it, even though I didn't make an appointment online. I can say my visa process went very smooth - comparing to my other friends who had to pay for some huge amount of money. They had to send the documents to their targeted country, which is sent by cargo and it costs something. I didn't have to do anything. I just have to do it here and now. And I did it and I got it. :p


0 comments: